[ic] Weird upgrade error - undefined catalog

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Aug 19 04:24:01 2002

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Joachim Leidinger wrote:

> Stephanie Smith wrote:
> > We initially installed 4.8.5, and everything worked more or less as
> > expected. However, after upgrading to 4.8.6, we were no longer able to
> > create viable new catalogs. Any previously created ones were fine. New
> > ones would return the default undefined catalog error.
> >
> > Being helpless myself at any lowlevel debugging, I turned this over to
> > Someone With a Clue, who discovered that interchange was now creating the
> > Unix domain sockets in /var/run/interchange, while the client binary was
> > looking for them in /usr/lib/interchange
> >
> > So we symlinked them, and everything is groovey now.
> >
> > Just thought I'd mention this, in case anyone else out there is tearing
> > their hair out over undefined catalogs which *do* have all the correct
> > permissions in place, and no typos in interchange.cfg

I had the similar problem with 4.8.6 installed from the rpm.  It told me
that the catalog was unavailable.  I just redid the catalog as INET
instead of UNIX and it worked.

I don't see a security issue here as the default INET is localhost only on
port 7786, but at least it works :)

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people