[ic] Weird upgrade error - undefined catalog

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Aug 19 03:18:01 2002

Stephanie Smith wrote:
> We initially installed 4.8.5, and everything worked more or less as
> expected. However, after upgrading to 4.8.6, we were no longer able to
> create viable new catalogs. Any previously created ones were fine. New
> ones would return the default undefined catalog error.
>
> Being helpless myself at any lowlevel debugging, I turned this over to
> Someone With a Clue, who discovered that interchange was now creating the
> Unix domain sockets in /var/run/interchange, while the client binary was
> looking for them in /usr/lib/interchange
>
> So we symlinked them, and everything is groovey now.
>
> Just thought I'd mention this, in case anyone else out there is tearing
> their hair out over undefined catalogs which *do* have all the correct
> permissions in place, and no typos in interchange.cfg

If you have ".../cgi-bin/myoldcatalog", which is running well, can you copy

...cgi-bin/myoldcatalog
...cgi-bin/mynewcatalog

(please ...make a backup before)

and test it? It is working well or did you get the undefined error once
more again? Have you an entry for the newest catalog in your
interchange.cfg?

Joachim Leidinger

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[leidinger@bpanet.de]