[ic] page unavailable - when clicking checkout.

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Aug 19 11:42:01 2002

At 02:10 PM 8/19/2002 +0000, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have a customer using AOL, and they tried placing an order on a
>IC 4.8.5 based foundation catalog. They have IE 5.0 browser, and Netscape
>4.5 browsers as a test.
>They add and item to the cart, and click on check-out which proceeds to
>the secure pages, and they get page unavailable.
>

>I have these liines in my apache httpd.conf:
>
>BrowserMatch "Mozilla/2" nokeepalive
>BrowserMatch ".*MSIE.*;" nokeepalive downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
>
>SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown
>downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
>
>and added these lines recently....
>
>SSLProtocol all -SSLv3
>SSLCipherSuite
>!EXP1024-RC4-SHA:!EXP1024-DES-CBC-SHA:ALL:!ADH:!EXP56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
>
>the above lines removed many (104) errors in my error_log file, but does
>not fix this problem....
>
>Is the client loosing the session? I know aol uses mutliple caching
>servers....
>
>[snip]

Try adding another BrowserMatch line, like the one for MSIE, but with
".*AOL.*" as the match string. I know that AOL's invocation of the IE
browser engine does include AOL in its user-agent string. I'm not sure if
it also says MSIE...

BTW, the SetEnvIf and BrowserMatch lines for the MSIE kludge are redundant,
they both are addressing the same issue. I can't speak to the merits of one
over the other, but you only need one of the two, not both. the SetEnvIf
line requires the setenvif Apache module to work, so that would be the one
to remove if you don't have or use that module.

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax