[ic] Multiple Themes

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Aug 19 19:23:00 2002

> Is it possible to have 5 or 10 themes to pick from either when creating
> a new catalog and/or after the catalog has been created.  In the older
> version of Interchange (I believe 4.2 or 4.6 -- it has been over a year)
> when I used makecat, I could pick the template (theme) whether Barry,
> Simple, or one of my creations.

These are templates not themes. A template includes page files, layout,
database config etc. A theme is the way of displaying the template - setting
css, themed images such as buttoms etc.

In the 4.8 template there is only one theme, and it is confusingly named the
same as the template - foundation. In 4.9 (which will become 5.0 when its
complete) there are other themes for foundation - blueyellow, fixedwidth
etc.

> It seems that there is a place to
> change this in the administration area as well (in the Knar editor) but
> I can't seem to find this in the online demo.  There is drop down in the
> online Knar editor that only has the Foundation option.

This drop-down will contain the 'blueyellow', 'fixedwidth', etc. Once you
have run makecat and generated you catalog, you can't change a foundation
template into simple or barry.. you can set up your preferred colour scheme
though.

> I know there
> was talk last year of developing more of a wysiwyg template builder by
> one of  you out there.  If someone is still interested, so am I!

Page editor maybe, template builder no. You should take a peek at how 4.9 is
progressing, Mike has done some fantastic work on the page editing and menu
builder systems :-)

Jonathan
Webmaint.