[ic] Nested [Loop][List] ? More on Price Tiering...

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Aug 21 14:48:02 2002

Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:

> Am I doing a no-no here as I've been staring at it for a while now and
> I do not see any other problem except that IC may not allow me to
> perform prefixed loop searches that are nested...  Can someone confirm
> if that is in fact the case?

Presuming I was, since I did see in the docs that there were some
limitations on nesting but it isn't clear when that may have been
removed, I proceeded with another approach and now my eyes are crossing.

I have this basic loop:

[loop
        prefix=FLY
        search="
                fi=tiers
                st=db
                tf=code
                co=yes
                rf=tier,quantity,discount

                ac=0
                sf=tier
                op=rm
                se=[scratch tier]

"]
[list]
<!-- Tier: [scratch tier], Quantity: [FLY-data tiers quantity], Price:
[scratch price], Discount: [FLY-data tiers discount] -->
discount]*[scratch price][/calc][/currency]</td>
[/list]
[/loop]

and it is looping properly for each of the 15 records pulled from the
tier table, but the data references are coming up blank.  I have no clue
as to why and I've flushed every cache and expired all of the
sessions...  I have another very simlilar loop search that work just
fine and is almost a mirror of the one above...

Am I banging my head against a bug here?  What is going on that I'm
missing???

Barry