[ic] Nested [Loop][List] ? More on Price Tiering...

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Aug 21 17:01:10 2002

Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:

> Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:
>
>> Am I doing a no-no here as I've been staring at it for a while now
>> and I do not see any other problem except that IC may not allow me to
>> perform prefixed loop searches that are nested...  Can someone
>> confirm if that is in fact the case?
>

> Presuming I was, since I did see in the docs that there were some
> limitations on nesting but it isn't clear when that may have been
> removed, I proceeded with another approach and now my eyes are crossing.
>
> I have this basic loop:
>
> [loop
>        prefix=FLY
>        search="
>                fi=tiers
>                st=db
>                tf=code
>                co=yes
>                rf=tier,quantity,discount
>
>                ac=0
>                sf=tier
>                op=rm
>                se=[scratch tier]
>
> "]
> [list]
> <!-- Tier: [scratch tier], Quantity: [FLY-data tiers quantity], Price:
> [scratch price], Discount: [FLY-data tiers discount] -->
> discount]*[scratch price][/calc][/currency]</td>
> [/list]
> [/loop]
>
> and it is looping properly for each of the 15 records pulled from the
> tier table, but the data references are coming up blank.  I have no
> clue as to why and I've flushed every cache and expired all of the
> sessions...  I have another very simlilar loop search that work just
> fine and is almost a mirror of the one above...
>
> Am I banging my head against a bug here?  What is going on that I'm
> missing???

Ok, is this a bug or a esoteric piece of the docs that I missed?  If I
add the primary key, which for the tiers table is code, to the tf flag,
it works!

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028