[ic] Undefined catalog: - after server is restarted ?? what is to do

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Aug 22 05:40:03 2002

> We use the Interchange shopping cart in the version pre-installed under
> our webstite admin panel "CPANEL"
>
> The problem is each time the server go down and get restarted the
> catalogue get lost.
>
> The following message show up:
>
> Undefined catalog: /~sfiac2/cgi-bin/cart.cgi
>
> The usual URL to access the shopping cart is: (in my case)
> www.sfiac.net/~sfiac2/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/index.html
>
> The support dept. from your server provider advise us to accept a fresh
> setup of our account and to reload a backup.
>
> Maybe one of you know a better solution to this problem

Change host ;-)

The above error message says that Interchange either is not configured to
use your catalog, or there was an error in starting your catalog when
Interchange was started.

When you say 'server go down' do you mean the entire server?

If the server is rebooted, and your catalog uses MySQL, and the services are
starting in the wrong order you could see this.

Really, this is an issue for your host's support department.

Jonathan
Webmaint.