[ic] Calling unique search criteria from tree menu - setting up links

Lara interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Aug 22 14:32:02 2002

Geez, I hate to bother you guys, but...

I have a small problem that, for the amount of time I've spent trying to
figure it out, has turned into a large headache.

My tree menu (born from Mike's fabulous tree example) required some
customization. For instance, the menu categories don't use your standard
criteria to trigger a catalog search; the criteria is different, depending
on the category. There are also 3 unique results pages, also dependent on
the category selected. I solved this by adding fields to the tree table
(tree_menu) including a field ("search") that holds the unique search
criteria for that item (including the results page associated with that
item). Eg.:

fi=co_info/se="Rigbys"/sf=title/sp=co_results

I'm having trouble setting up the links so that it pulls this search
criteria from the "search" field in tree_menu while also toggling the menu.

This calls a search but obviously doesn't toggle the menu:

[page search=[item-param search]][item-param name][/page]

I've tried these:

[page search=[item-param search] form='toggle=[item-param
code]'][item-param name][/page]

[page href=scan arg=[item-param search] form='toggle=[item-param
code]'][item-param name][/page]

... as well as probably dozens of other variations.

This has got to be an easy one for you guys (but hopefully not so easy as
to be insulting). Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks in advance!
Lara (using Interchange 4.8)

--
Lara Devitt