[ic] Specials/Discounts and Pricing

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Aug 24 01:56:01 2002

Akopia Account wrote:

> Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:
>
>> Akopia Account wrote:
>>

>>> I have a situation where I have 4 different pricing levels for my
>>> customers:
>>> - promotion, level1, level2, level3
>>>
>>> Each product has been assigned a price corresponding to each of the
>>> price levels
>>> (this is in a 'discounts' table)
>>>
>>> Can somebody point me in the right direction to implement a way to
>>> figure out
>>> the price a given client will receive?  It would be the lower of:
>>> the "promo" price
>>> and the price level they are entitiled to, with retail customers
>>> getting the default (in the products table)..
>>>
>>> I have read the docuementation and searched throught the archives.
>>> I suspect
>>> this can be done with the CommonAdjust directive, but the docs are very
>>> confusing unless you have simple quantity discounts (which I do not
>>> have).
>>

>> Denis,
>>
>> what you are asking for is what I'm in the process of working on,
>> your table is called discounts, mine is tiers, I presume it sounds
>> like your table contains prices, mine contains percentages.  At any
>> rate, once I get the CommonAdjust put together with the needed Perl,
>> I'll post it but in the event I forget, check with me towards the end
>> of next week because I'll be dead meat if I haven't gotten that
>> working by then and if I have, I'll post it...
>>
>> Barry
>

> Just to be clear, my table has entries for every product, with the
> corresponding prices for each client level.

This sounds a lot like the pricing table...  Perhaps you could just take
that approach which uses the Q and W quantity fields and expand on that
direction rather than reinventing the wheel...

> I actually have to get this going sooner than next week.  I will
> probably just end up hacking some code together,
> maybe even a usertag to check which price is appropriate for the given
> customer.
> It would be nice to have an elegant solution though.....

Well, hack and elegant are generally not synonymous...  If you are that
pressured for time, I would be most concerned about 'functional.'

Best of luck...

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028