[ic] Specials/Discounts and Pricing

Akopia Account interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Aug 24 00:24:00 2002

Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:

> Akopia Account wrote:
>

>> I have a situation where I have 4 different pricing levels for my
>> customers:
>> - promotion, level1, level2, level3
>>
>> Each product has been assigned a price corresponding to each of the
>> price levels
>> (this is in a 'discounts' table)
>>
>> Can somebody point me in the right direction to implement a way to
>> figure out
>> the price a given client will receive?  It would be the lower of:
>> the "promo" price
>> and the price level they are entitiled to, with retail customers
>> getting the default (in the products table)..
>>
>> I have read the docuementation and searched throught the archives.
>> I suspect
>> this can be done with the CommonAdjust directive, but the docs are very
>> confusing unless you have simple quantity discounts (which I do not
>> have).
>

> Denis,
>
> what you are asking for is what I'm in the process of working on, your
> table is called discounts, mine is tiers, I presume it sounds like
> your table contains prices, mine contains percentages.  At any rate,
> once I get the CommonAdjust put together with the needed Perl, I'll
> post it but in the event I forget, check with me towards the end of
> next week because I'll be dead meat if I haven't gotten that working
> by then and if I have, I'll post it...
>
> Barry

Just to be clear, my table has entries for every product, with the
corresponding prices for each client level.
I actually have to get this going sooner than next week.  I will
probably just end up hacking some code together,
maybe even a usertag to check which price is appropriate for the given
customer.
It would be nice to have an elegant solution though.....

Denis