[ic] Shipping/Handling based on catagory and fixed formula...

Scott Wares interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Aug 25 14:50:01 2002

My client needs one category of products to have a fixed or set shipping
charge and wants to use a simple item quantity based calculation.

So, I have 2 shipping methods (ground or air) each has a min ship amount and
a per item charge.

std shipping  is:   3.95+1.00*[nitems]
overnight is:        23.45+1.50*[nitems]

I have one category of products "As Seen on TV" that should have a fixed
shipping amount of 9.95 per item.

I have seen examples of how to do something like this with a handling charge
if you are using ups look-up tables and scanned this list archive but didn't
figure it out.  Could be the lack of sleep or chronic pain or ADD or the
distractions of my 3 sick kids but I'm drawing a blank.  This is the last
thing I need to do... arg...

Could anyone help give me a clue how to get the one category of products to
either have a set shipping charge per item or a added handling adjustment for
each "As on TV category" item applied to each shipping method.

Thanks.