[ic] Shipping/Handling based on catagory and fixed formula...

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Aug 26 09:49:02 2002

At 12:49 PM 8/25/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>My client needs one category of products to have a fixed or set shipping
>charge and wants to use a simple item quantity based calculation.
>
>So, I have 2 shipping methods (ground or air) each has a min ship amount and
>a per item charge.
>
>std shipping  is:   3.95+1.00*[nitems]
>overnight is:        23.45+1.50*[nitems]
>
>I have one category of products "As Seen on TV" that should have a fixed
>shipping amount of 9.95 per item.
>
>I have seen examples of how to do something like this with a handling charge
>if you are using ups look-up tables and scanned this list archive but didn't
>figure it out.  Could be the lack of sleep or chronic pain or ADD or the
>distractions of my 3 sick kids but I'm drawing a blank.  This is the last
>thing I need to do... arg...
>
>Could anyone help give me a clue how to get the one category of products to
>either have a set shipping charge per item or a added handling adjustment for
>each "As on TV category" item applied to each shipping method.

Formula-based shipping like this is usually pretty easy, since all the work
can be done in shipping.asc with no external lookups:

std     Standard shipping       [nitems]        0       0       e Nothing
to ship!
std     Standard shipping       [nitems]        0       9999    f 3.95 +
@@TOTAL@@

1day    Overnight shipping      [nitems]        0       0       e Nothing
to ship!
1day    Overnight shipping      [nitems]        0       9999    f 23.45 +
(1.5 * @@TOTAL@@)

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax