[ic] Excel/PDF files on-the-fly

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Aug 26 17:35:02 2002

Rene Hertell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone created an excel or PDF file that is always downloadable with the
> source pulled out from the db in real-time? I tried to check the excel
> export-function from the UI, but that contains too many steps (and I don't
> want to write a file to the server when someone downloads these files).
>
> What I would need is a result from a sql query that should be in Excel
> format. A formatted version as a PDF-file would then be my next step after I
> have solved the excel problem...
>
> I'm able to create files that have text-content like vcards, csv-files etc,
> but everything else is seems to be to complicated for the moment...
>
> I would appreciate it very much if someone could give me some hints in how
> to solve these two problems.

Look at www.intos.de! On the left menu, there is a menu
"KATALOG-DOWNLOAD". Click the button on the new page "Weiter". Click on
the link "Ohne Registrierung zum Downloadbereich gehen.". You will get a
list of xls and pdf files, which is created by some perl files of mine.

Look at the module Spreadsheet::WriteExcel from CPAN and look at
http://www.easysw.com/htmldoc to convert any HTML files to pdf. I create
such HTML files via own perl from the current catalog (from SQL and any
kind of DB or GDBM files too).

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[leidinger@bpanet.de]