[ic] Excel/PDF files on-the-fly

Rene Hertell interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Aug 26 17:56:02 2002

> Look at www.intos.de! On the left menu, there is a menu
> "KATALOG-DOWNLOAD". Click the button on the new page "Weiter". Click on
> the link "Ohne Registrierung zum Downloadbereich gehen.". You will get a
> list of xls and pdf files, which is created by some perl files of mine.

Are these files written to file on a timed basis? I mean do you have a
cron-job that takes care of this?

What I did use now for all text-content files was the tag op=header method,
which works really great and fast.

<-- file.csv.html --->
[tag op=header interpolate=1]
[/tag]
[query list=1 sql="select ..."][sql-param foo];[sql-param bar]
[/query]

<-- end of file.csv.html --->

I was hoping that I could create a the xls and PDF files in a similar style
as above..

I have to try to find out if the Spreadsheet::WriteExcel module can do these
things :)

Rene