[ic] Special flypage from results.html

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Aug 26 23:03:01 2002

> I have created sub-pages so that when you click on items on the left
> vertical bar, the vertical bar changes to offer more options.  I have
> creaated page classes so that the left vertical bar is maintained.
>
> When the results page displays items and I click on them, the left vertical
> bar resets back to the origional index page.
>
> I found that I can modify the flypage to fix this problem but what I need to
> know is how to specify the flypage that is used by a specific results page.

Each product can use a different flypage if that's what you want.
You can create, say, two flypages and set products 1, 2 and 3 to use
flypage_a, and products 4, 5 and 6 to use flypage_b. Look up the
PageSelectField directive in the "Interchange Configuration"
documentation to see how to set that up.

Another way to do what you want could be to set a scratch variable on
your results pages for use in your menu.  The scratch value would remain
in force until overridden, either on another results page, or on the
index page.

Another idea could be to use the product's category value, or your
"page class" setting, to determine what should be displayed in the menu.

There's more than one way to do it, as the wise man once said.