[ic] US and foreign addressing issue

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Aug 28 13:02:02 2002

Hi guys

I know this is not the place for the following question, so I will qualify
it by first asking, if appropriate, do we not have the same e-commerce
problems? And do we not use the same e-commerce platform? :)

Feel free not to read further:

I am having a difficult time with the way IC handles the "address" of a
customer WRT foreign customers. I HAVE implemented some work-arounds and
hacks, but it seems like I am doing this consistently with many orders.

The Problem: I get people with Counties, Provinces, towns, seemingly 2
countries! I don't know what goes where? I feel like I am driving on the
freeway with one brown door and no taillights!

Has anybody come up with a US+foriegn address collection system or method? I
need to obviously have an accurate address in the main fields for
Authorize.Net, but I need a more "free form" area for an expanded address.
For example, this was sent to me by a frustrated customer who could not fit
his info in our fields:

Joe Blow
44 Oaklands Park Drive
Rhiwderin              <- what is this? address2?
Newport NP108RB
South Wales  UK        <- South Wales? Can this be state?

I am asking here because I know alot of you are in other countries and
develop solutions for your continent.

How have you altered the address collection of IC to deal with US addresses
and the various forms of foreign addresses, which of course I know are not
foreign to you :)

TIA

Paul