[ic] Re: Requirement to not encrypt credit card numbers

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Aug 28 19:47:01 2002

interchange@lannet.com.au writes:

> In the ORDERS_TO email the credit card details are either mangled or
> encrypted.
>
> I have a situation where I can handle the emails on a secure internal
> network and want to pass them straight thru to a printer anyway.
>
> This is simple, but it requires that the CC details be in clear.
>
> How is this best handled?

This has been discussed many times on the list. It boils down to
"don't do that". You already start to loose your customer's confidence
in your professionality :-(.

Bye
     Racke

--
Prolific Interchange Consulting (Excellent German Quality !).
Take a look at Materialboerse (http://www.materialboerse.de/), WITT