[ic] creating a temporary page variable

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Aug 30 00:57:01 2002

Quoting Jeff Dafoe (jeff@badtz-maru.com):
> >  [tmp some_scratch] something [/tmp]
> >
> > it goes away after the current page.
>
>     I think the tag reference is wrong.  It says for tmp:
>
> "Sets a scratch variable to value, but at the end of the user session the
> Scratch key is deleted"

That is actually correct. I don't know where your confusion lies...

>     That is what confused me.  I went ahead and made a note in the online
> reference to reflect the information you provided.  Thanks for the
> additional information, as I was also wondering about the lifetime of
> variables used in embedded perl.

All variables in IC, except for ones stored in the user session,
last only for that page. Even if you set $Config, which you actually
see quite frequently, it will return to the catalog.cfg value on
the next access.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon