[ic] creating a temporary page variable

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Aug 30 01:10:03 2002

> > "Sets a scratch variable to value, but at the end of the user session
the
> > Scratch key is deleted"
>
> That is actually correct. I don't know where your confusion lies...

    It's in the "at the end of the user session".  It made me think that the
tmp variable stayed around until the user session expired, or at least that
there is some sort of stickiness between the tmp value and the user session.
It seems, from what you are saying, that the scratch key is deleted at the
end of the page processing.  Or maybe my problem is a misunderstanding of
the term "scratch key".

Jeff