[ic] Shipping problem with three ship categories - all usps ground

J P interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Dec 3 07:39:01 2002

Okay, I think I'm a lot closer now that I found this
post - [SOLUTION] different shipping cost schedule for
each item in cart - here
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2001-March/005744.html

But no matter what I try, I always get 0 for shipping
(not formatted for currency either).

I already had the ship field, in my case ship_code, in
the products table.  My shipping.asc file looks like
this:

STAN1   Standard Shipping       quantity        0
 0       e Nothing to ship!
STAN1   Standard Shipping       quantity        1
 10      f 5.00
STAN1   Standard Shipping       quantity        11
 15      f 6.00
STAN1   Standard Shipping       quantity        16
 20      f 7.50
STAN1   Standard Shipping       quantity        21
 50      f 10.00
STAN1   Standard Shipping       quantity        51
 99      f 15.00
STAN1   Standard Shipping       quantity        100
 9999    f 25.00

STAN2   Standard Shipping       quantity        0
 0       e Nothing to ship!
STAN2   Standard Shipping       quantity        1
 9999    f 10.00 * @@TOTAL@@

STAN3   Standard Shipping       quantity        0
 0       e Nothing to ship!
STAN3   Standard Shipping       quantity        1
 9999    f 25.00 * @@TOTAL@@

I have set mv_shipmode to STAN as the default and also
added the tag in the cart.  I've removed all the drop
downs for shipping options in checkout.html since
there are none.  I added the [delivery-charge] tag
where shipping was on checkout.html and added the
UserTag to catalog.cfg (editing slightly to change the
three instances of his field ship to my ship_code and
put it right before this section # Allow a template to
drop in some ending config.).  I've also done the
Apply Changes from the admin.

Not matter what variations I try, it always comes up
0.  It's interesting, I even tried changing the tag in
checkout.html from delivery-charge to delivery_charge
and I still get the 0 which should probably be telling
me something, although for the life of me I don't know
what.  I tried changing quantity to ship_code in the
shipping.asc file, as well as dropping the f before
the fixed amounts and removing the 2nd and third 0
quantity lines.  I've checked the error log and don't
see anything in there.

I know it wants to give me a number, I can feel it.
Maybe it's a code change somewhere since the post
about doing this is now a year and half old.  But for
the life of me I can't figure out why it won't return
the number.  Anyone have any ideas.  Thx.