[ic] Shipping problem with three ship categories - all usps ground

Lara interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Dec 3 12:55:01 2002

At 04:38 AM 12/3/02 -0800, you wrote:
>Okay, I think I'm a lot closer now that I found this
>post - [SOLUTION] different shipping cost schedule for
>each item in cart - here
>http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2001-March/005744.html
>
>But no matter what I try, I always get 0 for shipping
>(not formatted for currency either).
>
>I already had the ship field, in my case ship_code, in
>the products table.  My shipping.asc file looks like
>this:
>
>STAN1   Standard Shipping       quantity        0
>  0       e Nothing to ship!
>STAN1   Standard Shipping       quantity        1
>  10      f 5.00
>STAN1   Standard Shipping       quantity        11
>  15      f 6.00
>STAN1   Standard Shipping       quantity        16
>  20      f 7.50
>STAN1   Standard Shipping       quantity        21
>  50      f 10.00
>STAN1   Standard Shipping       quantity        51
>  99      f 15.00
>STAN1   Standard Shipping       quantity        100
>  9999    f 25.00
>
>STAN2   Standard Shipping       quantity        0
>  0       e Nothing to ship!
>STAN2   Standard Shipping       quantity        1
>  9999    f 10.00 * @@TOTAL@@
>
>STAN3   Standard Shipping       quantity        0
>  0       e Nothing to ship!
>STAN3   Standard Shipping       quantity        1
>  9999    f 25.00 * @@TOTAL@@
>
>I have set mv_shipmode to STAN as the default and also
>added the tag in the cart.  I've removed all the drop
>downs for shipping options in checkout.html since
>there are none.  I added the [delivery-charge] tag
>where shipping was on checkout.html and added the
>UserTag to catalog.cfg (editing slightly to change the
>three instances of his field ship to my ship_code and
>put it right before this section # Allow a template to
>drop in some ending config.).  I've also done the
>Apply Changes from the admin.
>
>Not matter what variations I try, it always comes up
>0.  It's interesting, I even tried changing the tag in
>checkout.html from delivery-charge to delivery_charge
>and I still get the 0 which should probably be telling
>me something, although for the life of me I don't know
>what.  I tried changing quantity to ship_code in the
>shipping.asc file, as well as dropping the f before
>the fixed amounts and removing the 2nd and third 0
>quantity lines.  I've checked the error log and don't
>see anything in there.
>
>I know it wants to give me a number, I can feel it.
>Maybe it's a code change somewhere since the post
>about doing this is now a year and half old.  But for
>the life of me I can't figure out why it won't return
>the number.  Anyone have any ideas.  Thx.

Do you have [data session ship_message] in checkout.html? The message it
displays might give you a clue.

I struggled with a similar problem recently. My shipping modes also use an
added field to the products table, although the criteria is simpler:

STD     Standard Base Rate Plus (Canada)        freight 0       999999  f
[var SHIP_FLAT_INTL_RATE] + @@TOTAL@@
STDUS   Standard Base Rate Plus (US)    freight 0       999999  f [var
SHIP_FLAT_DOM_RATE] + @@TOTAL@@

I did all of the usual things (most of these things you've indicated
above), and [shipping] kept returning "0". I added [data session
ship_message] and it told me that it was looking for modes FLATD (for
domestic) and FLATI (international), which I had removed from shipping.asc.
The only thing that worked, in the end, was to return these lines to the
table, even though I don't use these modes:

FLATI   Flat rate (Int'l)       quantity        0       0       e Nothing
to ship!
FLATD   Flat rate       quantity        0       0       e Nothing to ship!

I don't get it (any of you experts have any ideas?), but everything works
peachy, now.

Lara