[ic] Lots of errors when under heavy load

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Dec 4 20:28:01 2002

Kari Suomela wrote:

>Wednesday December 04 2002 08:59, Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote to All:
>

> BJ> I spotted a lot of errors in our logs this morning and looking
> BJ> into it
> BJ> further, they are a result of a search engine submission I had
> BJ> done
>
>Use robots.txt to limit the spiders' activity. There is no advantage of
>having all catalog pages indexed.

I understand that but the  concern is why systems inability to handle
the traffic in general as the errors I had included in the normal post,
are certainly not normal or desired, correct?

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028