[ic] IC won't save changes to option prices past a certain number of characters.

Stephanie van Doleweerd interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Dec 5 14:46:01 2002

Hi folks. Thus far I've managed to solve any problems with my first IC store
simply by reading the IC docs and list archives, but this one has me
stumped:

I've enabled Simple Options on certain products in my store, and I'm editing
the Options table so that an item's price changes based on a value that
customers select via a dropdown box on the item page. Pretty
straightforward. It's working fine with up to 5 options, where I've filled
in the "Price" text entry field to look like this:

B=-1, C=-2, D=5, E=4

Option "A" is set as the default, so selecting option "B" will remove $1
from the default item price, etc.

The problem is that some products have six options, so I've been entering
this into the Price field:

B=-1, C=-2, D=5, E=4, F=3

and when I do so, IC will save everything up to the end of E=4. If I add
anything after that, it is not saved. The label for option F will still
appear in the dropdown widget, but selecting option F does not change the
default price as intended.

I've been playing with the Meta data in this area, trying to see if upping
the allowable widths of the widget, the price field or the label limit will
help, but it doesn't appear to be helping.

Can anyone make any suggestions as to what could be causing this? I'd very
much appreciate any ideas you may have.

Stephanie van Doleweerd
Vianet Internet Solutions

(705) 474-3364 ext. 5105