[ic] IC won't save changes to option prices past a certain number of characters.

Gary Norton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Dec 5 18:51:00 2002

At 12:47 PM 12/5/2002 Thursday, you wrote:
>Hi folks. Thus far I've managed to solve any problems with my first IC store
>simply by reading the IC docs and list archives, but this one has me
>stumped:
>
>I've enabled Simple Options on certain products in my store, and I'm editing
>the Options table so that an item's price changes based on a value that
>customers select via a dropdown box on the item page. Pretty
>straightforward. It's working fine with up to 5 options, where I've filled
>in the "Price" text entry field to look like this:
>
>B=-1, C=-2, D=5, E=4
>
>Option "A" is set as the default, so selecting option "B" will remove $1
>from the default item price, etc.
>
>The problem is that some products have six options, so I've been entering
>this into the Price field:
>
>B=-1, C=-2, D=5, E=4, F=3
>
>and when I do so, IC will save everything up to the end of E=4. If I add
>anything after that, it is not saved. The label for option F will still
>appear in the dropdown widget, but selecting option F does not change the
>default price as intended.
>
>I've been playing with the Meta data in this area, trying to see if upping
>the allowable widths of the widget, the price field or the label limit will
>help, but it doesn't appear to be helping.
>
>Can anyone make any suggestions as to what could be causing this? I'd very
>much appreciate any ideas you may have.

I had this same problem recently. If I recall, the problem wasn't with the
number of options, but rather the size of the field in the database. I was
using mysql. I increased the size of the field in the database (it was
truncating the submit). This is what fixed it for me.

Good Luck
- Gary