[ic] A Duh, question about adding dbm tables

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Dec 6 19:44:59 2002

> Paul Jordan wrote:
>
> >>I have done this countless times and I cannot see why, after
> >>restarting
> >>IC and then hitting a page that touches the table within an embedded
> >>[perl] routine that does have the tables= parameter, why IC isn't
> >>creating the gdbm file.  This new table has the first 6 letters in
> >>common with another table, there isn't some goofy thing that
> >>is ignoring
> >>the total uniqueness of a table name, is there?
> >>

> >Is the new table defined correctly?
> dbconf/default_db/new_table.dbm? I
> >know it is an obvious point, but sometimes it is the simplest things
> >that are overlooked.
> >

> Yep...  I've double checked protections, ownership and so
> on... I've pasted the ls and .dbm files below:
>
> [root@mml2 default_db]# ls -ls cable*
>    4 -rw-r--r--    1 interch  interch       229 Sep  4 15:44 cable.dbm
>    4 -rw-r--r--    1 interch  interch       212 Dec  6 17:41
> cableoptions.dbm
> [root@mml2 default_db]# cat cable.dbm
> Database            cable         cable.txt         TAB
> Database            cable         INDEX             icode
> Database            cable         INDEX             sort
> Database            cable         INDEX             group
> [root@mml2 default_db]# cat cableoptions.dbm
> Database            cableoptions         cableoptions.txt         TAB
> Database            cableoptions         INDEX                    code
> Database            cableoptions         INDEX                    sort
>

> [root@mml2 products]# ls -ls cable*
>   24 -rw-rw----    1 interch  interch     20764 Dec  6 15:52
> cable.gdbm
>   12 -rw-rw----    1 interch  interch      8217 Dec  6 15:52 cable.txt
>    4 -rw-rw----    1 interch  interch       315 Dec  6 15:52
> cable.txt.1
>    4 -rw-rw----    1 interch  interch       358 Dec  6 15:52
> cable.txt.16
>    4 -rw-rw----    1 interch  interch       599 Dec  6 15:52
> cable.txt.2
>    0 lrwxrwxrwx    1 interch  interch        39 Dec  6 15:52
> cable.txt.group -> /mv_catalogs/mmb2c/products/cable.txt.2
>    0 lrwxrwxrwx    1 interch  interch        39 Dec  6 15:52
> cable.txt.icode -> /mv_catalogs/mmb2c/products/cable.txt.1
>    0 lrwxrwxrwx    1 interch  interch        40 Dec  6 15:52
> cable.txt.sort -> /mv_catalogs/mmb2c/products/cable.txt.16
>    4 -rw-rw-r--    1 interch  interch       497 Dec  6 15:45
> cableoptions.txt
>
> BTW, this is 4.8.6 of IC.
>
> Regards,
>
> Barry

Could it be IC has some sort of built in protections for a publicly
readable file? Try changing cableoptions.txt to chmod 770

Actually... nope, just tested it.

Well, I will say this, alot is to be said for our little friend carriage
return. He is a fiesty little bugger, and gets alot of attention (esp
lately). Check the files cableoptions.txt and cableoptions.dbm for
carriage returns

HTH
Paul