[ic] A Duh, question about adding dbm tables

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Dec 9 16:34:00 2002

Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:

>>> I have done this countless times and I cannot see why, after
>>> restarting
>>> IC and then hitting a page that touches the table within an embedded
>>> [perl] routine that does have the tables= parameter, why IC isn't
>>> creating the gdbm file.  This new table has the first 6 letters in
>>> common with another table, there isn't some goofy thing that
>>> is ignoring the total uniqueness of a table name, is there?
>>>

>> Is the new table defined correctly? dbconf/default_db/new_table.dbm? I
>> know it is an obvious point, but sometimes it is the simplest things
>> that are overlooked.
>>

> Yep...  I've double checked protections, ownership and so on... I've
> pasted the ls and .dbm files below:

Like I said, it as a 'Duh' question... I didn't place the dbm file into
mysql's database default area, only in the default_db directory...  Arg!

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028