[ic] restarting cart problem

Tom Murdoch (Toms Computers) interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Dec 7 12:55:01 2002

> > My hosting company has upgraded to a newer version of the IC cart.
> > Frequently in the past, I would have to have them reset and/or restart
> > my cart.  This has now happened again, however, when I restore my files
> > to my cpanel, although the correct information appears in my ftp files,
> > the admin tool of the IC cart is not showing the proper information.
> > The cart is showing the basic foundation store.  I am very frustrated
> > because my "store" has now been closed for 2 business days trying to
> > have my hosting company "fix" it.  My hosting company keeps mentioning
> > another cart, Agora, and is trying to encourage me to use that one.
> > However, I have spent a lot of time and energy creating my store in the
> > IC cart -- which I love when working properly.

If you have telnet access to your account, I would suggest installing your
own copy of IC in your webspace so that your hosting company can't screw it
up on you.
My hosting company offers interchange through Cpanel, but it is always
messed up.  It also doesn't save any of my settings.  I took it upon myself
to just throw my own copy of IC into the private directories below my HTML
space.  This solution works well, as I have a cron job set to restart the
cart every night and clear the logs.  Both things, I could not do through
the solution offered through my hosting company.

Good Luck,

Tom