[ic] If and component problem

Alex Lofaso (Planetanime.com) interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Dec 9 15:39:02 2002

>>> Try to use a scratch-variable:
>>>
>>> [seti foo]@@MV_PAGE@@[/seti]
>>> [if data preorders::area::[scratch foo]]
>>> My component yatta yatta
>>> [/if]
>>>

>>> René
>>>

>>Thanks for the help Rene, but I am still having no luck.  Is there
> maybe a
>>better way to test for data?  I know that foo is being set properly as
>>can output it in the page.  And I'm using 4.8.6...
>>Thanks
>>
>>Alex
>>

> Have you created a file in your dbconf folder for your preorders table?
>
> I don't think that you can use the IC [if] with a table if it is not
> defined inside dbconf.>
> I could be wrong, but try creating an entry inside dbconf using any of
> the existing files in that directory as a guide.>
> Then restart IC and try running the [if] statement again.

Thanks for the help, Mike.  I have already defined the table in the
mysql/dbconf directory.  But I did find another solution to this problem.
Since I am using the [query] tag I just used the [on match] attribute.
Seems to be working pretty well, and doesn't appear to be an expensive
operation.  This is going to be a timed build anyway, so it should be ok.
Thanks for the help guys.  I really appreciate it!
Alex Lofaso