[ic] Common.pm problem in 4.9.4

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Dec 9 16:39:00 2002

Background:

I recently upgraded from Interchange 4.8.6 to 4.9.4 using the rpm
distribution on RedHat 7.1/Perl 5.6.0, which seemed to have gone fine.

I made some changes to my products.txt and products.pgsql files, and
restarted Interchange, the changes loaded fine, great.

I then logged into the admin UI to make some corresponding changes to the
Item views.  I click the 'Items' tab, and see that the settings I had in
4.8.6 seem to have carried over to the new version, fantastic.

Problem:

I then click the 'Item editor' link above the item list to make some further
changes.  I notice that the form doesn't seem to be seeded with my previous
settings.  Sort of suspect, but I forge ahead.  I then submit some changes
in the item editor and I get the following error:

Sorry, there was an error in processing this form action. Please report the
error or try again later. (There is no column named 'extended' at
/usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/Common.pm line 235. )

I go back and view source, noticing that there are many form inputs with
names like "extended.file_upload", while the word "extended" does not appear
anywhere in this form in 4.8.6.

Any ideas what might be causing this?  Did I miss part of the upgrade?  I
noticed Common.pm was not updated during the upgrade to 4.9.4, should I be
working with a newer one?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Brian Rogers