[ic] Two catalogs one products table

Brian Kosick interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Dec 11 12:36:01 2002

Hello All,
    I have a quick question/problem.  I have setup two catalogs that are
sister sites.  They both have PostGres DB on the backend, and the second
catalog is setup to use the first products table.  I did this in
catalog.cfg, and dbconf/pgsql/products.pgsql

in catalog.cfg

ifndef SQLDSN
Variable  SQLDSN    dbi:Pg:dbname=site2@db.server.net
Variable  DEXPRESSSQLDSN       dbi:Pg:dbname=site1@db.server.net
endif

in products.pgsql i have

Database  products  products.txt  __DEXPRESSSQLDSN__

The second site uses the products table from site1 just fine, except one
thing.  It is also using the merchadising table from site1, where i need
it to use the merchandising table from site2.

Any Ideas?  There are no errors in the catalog error.log or the IC error
log.  I haven't turned on debugging yet, but I figure that I probably
won't be getting errors there either, as it seems IC thinks that it's
working just dandy.

IC 4.8.6
RedHat 7.3
Perl 5.6.1