[ic] Using IC as content management (for Jonathan, WebMaint.)

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Dec 16 08:01:00 2002

[snip]

> That I know, is only cosmetic a change.  I would appreciate HowTo steps
> and guidance into making IC a CMS.  That I'm sure requires more work but
> I'm willing to learn with some guidance.

Helpem uses a custom admin interface which uses the userdb table for logins,
which are just like a customer login in foundation. The admin UI remains
untouched - I prefer it this way to allow me to use regular admin functions
and make sure the users are kept separated from the heavyweight admin stuff.

Helpem allows different people to admin their own content, all of which is
kept separate for the purposes of administration, but in the same database
tables behind the scenes.

Content is managed using one Interchange 'cart' and served using another.
These share some of the same database tables.

I hope this gives you some ideas, and hints on the way I did things.
Good luck with your project!

Jonathan
(just recovered from a week and a half of flu)
Webmaint