[ic] Two catalogs one products table

Fri Dec 13 12:42:00 2002

Quoting Brian Kosick (briank@nacs.net):
> Mike Heins wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
>

> >Not knowing what the problem is, I suspect that you are the victim of a
> >default [query ...] somewhere. You would need [query base=merchandising
> >...] instead.
> >

> The problem is that I'm trying to share the products table of one site
> (site1) with another site(site2) I did it by specifing
> a new SQLDSN variable and then editing the products pgsql file to use
> the new DSN.

This is all fine, but you are assuming facts not in evidence here. Like
the original behavior you are talking about. Trying to read your mind,
I am guessing your original problem is that the "promo" component
doesn't work.

Did you try what I said? Look for a [query ...] calling merchandising?
Like the one in templates/components/promo?

There is no other reason that anything would return things from
the Products DSN. [query ...] must have a base table to try and
query on. This has been covered on the mail list innumerable times.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Prove you aren't stupid.  Say NO to Passport.