[ic] 'ID' String in any MySQL Query or form name

Rich Doughty interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Dec 17 06:45:01 2002

Hi

the strings 'ID' or 'id' appear to break resultsets in IC. (v 4.8.6)

for example

[sql query="
	SELECT
		recordID,
		recordName
	FROM
		table
	"]
	[sql-param recordName] - [sql-param recordID]
[/sql]

returns

	name1 -
	name2 -

etc
NB results are identical with the [query] tag too.

ie the value of [sql-param recordID] is an empty string!!!

entering the query in a SQL terminal give the correct results:
	name1 - ID1
	name2 - ID2

etc

is this a know reproducible issue? if so is there a workaround? I've also
noticed that IC also has problems with form elements that end with the
string ID. Values appear not to get set at all.

thanks in advance for any help. This is causing me a major headache. I'm
going to have a dig through the code too.

  - Rich Doughty