[ic] Shipping illegal to some countries

J P interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Dec 17 12:11:01 2002

> When you remove all shipping methods, Interchange
just charges nothing on
> the checkout page. I recently got an order to ship
to a country that is
> prohibited and interchange charged shipping of
$0.00. and charged the credit
> card for the total. It was a mess to undo. How can I
block shipping for
> prohibited countries?

Also be aware that if people want something, they can
still fudge the form to make it work.  I just had this
happen to me where right now I'm only generally
allowing US/Canada shipping and someone from Great
Britain used Canada as the country and filled in all
the other fields for the Great Britian address info.
I had stripped out all the countries so it at least
did charge some shipping, although it'll be way off
from what it should be.