[ic] Problem installing on virtual hosting

Interchange Ventanazul interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Feb 3 14:02:01 2002

Hi, i have downloaded Interchange 4.8.3, i have a virtual hosting
account running Linux Red Hat 7.1 , the hosting company has Perl 5.6.1
installed.

I created a dir "interchange" under my /home/user , when i run
"./configure" i get this:

bash-2.04$ ./configure

 Interchange Version 4.8.3 Configuration

 Copyright 1996-2001 Red Hat, Inc. <interchange@redhat.com>

 Interchange was originally based on Vend 0.2 and 0.3
 Copyright 1995, 1996 Andrew M. Wilcox <awilcox@maine.com>

 Distributed under the GNU General Public License.
 See the file LICENSE for license information.

Found Perl 5.6.1 as /usr/local/bin/perl

If you get a CPAN error, rerun the configuration and it should go away.

opendir(./../..): Permission denied at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/FindBin.pm
line 143
Can't write uid file: Permission denied
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `test'.  Stop.

I know about Linux and PHP and mySQL but i am new to Perl, do i need
some kind of chmod permission on any dir?, Interchange docs say i can
run the program as a regular user without need to be root.

Please let me know if you can help me with this.

Thanks!.

Alexis Bellido M.
www.ventanazul.com - Web Design/ Hosting / eCommerce
alexis@ventanazul.com
ICQ: 95509561 | MSN Messenger: alexisbellido@hotmail.com | Yahoo ID:
alexisbellido
Ofi: 4368700 - Cel: 9856982 - Nex: 8179868