[ic] UPS Shipping

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Feb 3 21:39:00 2002

Quick question in relation to the zip.csv file.  This file comes from
UPS with header information as well as notes on how to handle Alaska and
Hawaii.  Does IC interpret these notes for Alaska and Hawaii or do I
need to adjust the csv file so that it will handle these special cases
correctly?  Does the .csv file need to be modified so the headers and
notes are removed?  Here is specifically what I'm talking about:

967-968,-,-,[2],-,-,[2]

And the note looks like:
"[2] For Hawaii, the following Postal Codes are Zone 124 for Next Day
Air and Zone 224 for 2nd Day Air:"
96701,96706,96707,96709,96712,etc
"For Hawaii, the following Postal Codes are Zone 126 for Next Day Air
and Zone 226 for 2nd Day Air:"
96703,96704,96705,96708,96710,96713,etc

As you can see using a 3 digit range will not properly assign the
correct zone.  How are others handling this?  Should I just set it up to
handle the more expensive zone and default to using the range provided?

Thanks,
-Ron