[ic] Intermittent PGP failures & Lost credit card info

Marty Tennison interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Feb 4 00:58:00 2002

Hi List,

I was wondering if anyone had a good idea of how to fix this problem.   I
have PGP installed and working 99.9% of the time however, I get an
intermittent problem with PGP occasionally that makes it bomb.  (looks like
a memory problem).    The really bad part is that when PGP fails, not only
does it not send the credit card info to me, but it also fails to write the
encrypted info to the tracking.asc file.   A phone call to a customer to get
the credit card info follows, very embarrassing.

Question:  Does anyone know of a nice clean way that I can log the
unencrypted credit card info to a secure file so that in case PGP fails I
can get the credit card info from that file?

I’m assuming this might be handled with a  custom order route, but I have
tried a few different methods to no avail.   Any ideas?

TIA

Marty Tennison