[ic] Intermittent PGP failures & Lost credit card info

Marty Tennison interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Feb 4 12:50:00 2002

> This is an interesting report, though I cannot see what we are
> doing different between those two versions. I wonder if the
> traffic is greater on the newer machine.
>
> bill:~% perl -le 'print 3072 >> 8' 12
> bill:~% grep ' 12 ' /usr/include/asm/errno.h
> #define	ENOMEM		12	/* Out of memory */
>
> I can't think of what we would do that would cause this.
>
> It would be interesting to see what the value of the
> "EncryptProgram" directive is for each of these machines.

FWIW...

This problem *seems* to occur when my catalog is busiest.
One interesting tidbit, yesterday when it happened I was being
crawled by google and during the crawl the order came in and
failed.  One possible way to recreate the problem would be
to load the machine down with requests and then process an
order.

Here is my config...

perl = 5.005_03
Debian Linux 2.2.19
PGP 6.5.8
IC 4.8.3

# Defined in variable.txt
ENCRYPTOR       /home/interch/bin/pgp -feat orders      Payment

# Defined in catalog.cfg
EncryptProgram   __ENCRYPTOR__

# defined in /home/interch/pgp/config.txt
TMP = /home/interch/pgp/tmp