[ic] ic 4.8.3 Search box match choices

DB interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Feb 4 22:20:01 2002

IC 4.8.3 with foundation. When I use the admin gui page editor for
index.html or results.html, there's a dropdown list allowing a choice
for the number of matches returned by the "search box small" component.
I'd like to have the choice of 15, which is not there by default.

I edited the file  .../templates/components/search_box_small and added
15 the the list lke this:

matches:
         widget: select
         help: Matches to return to page

But still no choice for 15 in the drop down list in the gui page editor.

I then tried forcing the issue by modifying the line
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_matchlimit VALUE=[control matches 10]>
to read
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_matchlimit VALUE=[control matches 15]>

Still no joy. I don't know what the "*" after the "10" means, ,nor what
"control matches" does. I have searched archives... Can anyone help?

DB