[ic] Saving credit card number to database

Andrew Baerg interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Feb 6 00:15:00 2002

We have an ongoing promotion of a trial of our product.  The customers
credit card is authorized but not captured at transaction time and then
when the trial is over, we need to be able to capture the transaction.
In order to do this automatically, the credit card info needs to be
saved to a database table for easy retrieval.  I have inserted these
lines into "etc/log_transaction" but I cannot seem to get the card
number and expiry date values:
[query sql="insert into cc_info values ('[value mv_order_number]',
'[value ?credit card number?]', '[value ?expiry date?]')"]
[/query]
The order number is inserted to the database just fine, but if I use
mv_credit_card_number I just get an empty entry into the database. Any
help or a better way of saving and retrieving credit card info would be
greatly appreciated.

Andrew Baerg