[ic] Starting Questions?

Dan McCullough interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Feb 6 07:50:00 2002

Without sounding to vauge on some of these questions I'll try and pass my limited knowledge along.

1.  800 products isnt that many, are there skus invloved, I know some business might have 500-600
products but have up to 10 skus per product.  On my test store I can have up to 5000-6000 skus,
and 500-600 items.

2.  Thats one way, but 800 pardon my french, ewwwwwwwwww, there are better ways.  MySQL to MySQL,
but you will need some way to translate your MySQL data tables from one schema to another.
Interchange has a CVS import and export, never have used it, but that another way.  Throw
resources at it, get a few temp for data entry and hire them for a week, and just let them have at
it, also kids from the tech studies at a local high school might enjoy, but only give them certain
access.  Your right with 1 or 2 people you will get tired and frustrated.

3 or 4.  Foundation is okay, that would be the quickest.  If you have a design you want to
implement you can do that through the admin interface, if its a complete overhaul you might want
to start with the templates.  But most design changes and colors and images, can be replaced
without going to them templates.

There are also people you can hire to help out with either one or all of these steps.

dan mccullough
--- Gabriel Lorenzo <needle@arrakis.es> wrote:
> Please if someone give me a few tips on this:
>
>         1. Have about 800 product items and I dont know if Interchange
> can manage this or more quantities.
>         2. Do I have to add Pruduct by Product with and trough the
> Administration Interface? or could it be using a mysql databse.
>             If so, Where can I configure this option, Any document
> around about this? Otherwise it would take a long time
>             doing it product by product I think.
>         4..Should I Build the shop "based" on the Foundation store,
> removing and replacing images, look and feel, the products?
>             or Should I create the shop from scratch, with makecat
> etc...?
>
>     Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Gabriel