[ic] custom check fields - table_editor and flex_editor.

Andrew McBeath interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Feb 6 08:47:00 2002

This is probably more a perl question but is also ic related.

Basically I am wanting to be able to specify custom fields (based on
area of admin system - customer vs items) which are required in
flex_editor.html - it's not good enough to have to specify required
fields statically, but am not sure if this has already been implemented...

I have this all designed and ready to implement, but am now let down by
my (lack of) knowledge of perl's arrays...
Basically: if you put
check.fname="required"
check.username="required"
in the table-editor tag, then  $opt->{check} is available in
table_editor.tag as a hash and can be read by doing each %$check.

%var1=("k1","val1","k2","val2"); can be read by doing 'each %var1'...
what I need to find out is how to construct an array that is read by
doing 'each %$var1' like the one that gets passed to $opt->{check}
instead of
just 'each %var1' (and what is the difference between the two?)

This is so I can build an array in flex_editor and then put something like:
custom_check="[scratch my_array_goes_here]"
into the table-editor tag, and then in table_editor.tag swap/append to
the existing $check array.

I guess I really should also ask if this ability already exists...and if
so...where do I start looking?

Cheers,

Andrew