[ic] Translating Error Messages

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Feb 6 09:32:00 2002

> Iīm relatevely newbbie and writing you from Spain. I have made I new catalog
> from Foundation in Spanish, but there are some errors I canīt found in
> anywhere like "Username already exists" when I can create a new account, or
> "Invalid Username or Password".
>
> Can anyone tell me where those messages are to translate them. Thank you in
> advance.

Those messages are defined in lib/Vend/UserDB.pm and are displayed
using the errmsg() sub (in lib/Vend/Util.pm).  The errmsg() routine
will translate the text for you as long as you have set up the text
in either your catalogue's locale database or the global one.

So, just create a translation for the "Invalid Username or Password."
string in one of the locale tables and Interchange will use it.  Do
the same for any other message you want to translate.