[ic] Saving credit card number to database

Wed Feb 6 11:58:01 2002

At 10:15 PM 02/05/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>We have an ongoing promotion of a trial of our product.  The customers
>credit card is authorized but not captured at transaction time and then
>when the trial is over, we need to be able to capture the transaction.
>In order to do this automatically, the credit card info needs to be
>saved to a database table for easy retrieval.  I have inserted these
>lines into "etc/log_transaction" but I cannot seem to get the card
>number and expiry date values:
>[query sql="insert into cc_info values ('[value mv_order_number]',
>'[value ?credit card number?]', '[value ?expiry date?]')"]
>[/query]
>The order number is inserted to the database just fine, but if I use
>mv_credit_card_number I just get an empty entry into the database. Any
>help or a better way of saving and retrieving credit card info would be
>greatly appreciated.
>
>Andrew Baerg

You didn't mention which payment gateway you were using, but most will
assign an authcode to an original credit card auth. Subsequently you can
use that authcode for the delayed capture (charge) instead of resubmitting
the card number and exp. date.  I think it is "somewhat" safer to store
this authcode (in the transactions record would be by choice) for later use.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax