[ic] Saving credit card number to database

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Feb 6 08:43:00 2002

> We have an ongoing promotion of a trial of our product.  The customers
> credit card is authorized but not captured at transaction time and then
> when the trial is over, we need to be able to capture the transaction.
> In order to do this automatically, the credit card info needs to be
> saved to a database table for easy retrieval.  I have inserted these
> lines into "etc/log_transaction" but I cannot seem to get the card
> number and expiry date values:
> [query sql="insert into cc_info values ('[value mv_order_number]',
> '[value ?credit card number?]', '[value ?expiry date?]')"]
> [/query]
> The order number is inserted to the database just fine, but if I use
> mv_credit_card_number I just get an empty entry into the database. Any
> help or a better way of saving and retrieving credit card info would be
> greatly appreciated.

I suggest you have the CC numbers securely emailed to yourself, then
securely store them in a local database for processing.  Storing them
unencrypted in an online database would not be a good thing to do, and
is likely to upset your merchant account provider a little.