[ic] Rate this.. / Review this... / Recommend this...

Ton Verhagen interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Feb 6 12:24:01 2002

Dear Julia,

Thanks for your response.

At 11:13 AM 2/6/02 -0500, Julia Jacobs <jjacobs@currantmedia.com> wrote:
>Very, very, very, very cool! Can this rating info output/correspond to its
>own table, for example, a table called "rating" with fields like:
>general_question1   general_question2   etc.?

The system is keeping track of the individual scores of each question as
well as a
weighted average of the scores.

>Or does it do that already (sorry, I'm somewhat of a "wet behind the ears"
>Interchange user)?

Everyone had her/his first time.  :-)

>How about creating a search feature to allow users to search for products
>based on different rating variables? For example, if a customer wants to
>find a brush that other customers have rated has the softest bristles.
[snip]

I was going to make a component to list the top-x of a product site-wide and
per category (based on the weighted average score). However, adding a
search feature
is a good idea. Thanks. :-)  I will add that one to my todo list.

Best
         Ton

--
Alamerce Nederland --- Cornerstone of eBusiness

eCommerce Solutions, Interactive Websites and Website Hosting