[ic] Rate this.. / Review this... / Recommend this...

Julia Jacobs interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Feb 6 13:23:00 2002

On 2/6/02 12:32 PM, "Ton Verhagen" <ton@verhagen.net> wrote:

>> How about creating a search feature to allow users to search for products
>> based on different rating variables? For example, if a customer wants to
>> find a brush that other customers have rated has the softest bristles.
> [snip]
>
> I was going to make a component to list the top-x of a product site-wide and
> per category (based on the weighted average score). However, adding a
> search feature
> is a good idea. Thanks. :-)  I will add that one to my todo list.

To my knowledge, there are really no shopping carts or e - commerce websites
that do this.  I have been to Amazon.com, emusic.com and you cannot easily
find a product based on a user rating variable like "scariest book" or "best
rock cd".  You can find the most popular books or what customers who bought
the product your interested in also bought, but not a rating search feature.
I think this would put Interchange in the forefront of development tools.
Not that it already isn't, of course ;)!
--
Julia Jacobs
Currant Media