[ic] Skipjack

Wed Feb 6 12:45:01 2002

Quoting Michael Stearne (mstearne@entermix.com):
> Mike Heins wrote:
>
> >Quoting Michael Stearne (mstearne@entermix.com):
> >
> >>I know paid support is available and should be used. I just wish that
> >>the module worked before they put it in, otherwise I would have used
> >>another provider.
> >>

> >Answer me this -- do you believe it didn't work when I put it in the
> >release? Do you think I put it up there untested?
> >
> Answer me this -- does Red Hat believe in regression testing?

Yes, to some degree. We have a suite that we run, but we cannot test
everything in Interchange. Skipjack is not tested, though the interface
it uses is.

We don't have the resources to do much more; this is an open-source software
project, and as such we rely on our users to do much of the testing. Want
to adopt the Skipjack module?

> I am sure it worked when it when in and I do appreciate your work.  It
> just seems that it has been broken for a while with no response from RedHat.

I have seen no coherent report of anything concrete. When that
happens, I pay attention. Though I don't read every message posted
to this group, I read most of the ones written and formatted so I
can understand them.

I read every bug report.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman