[ic] Blank Shipping Pulldown on checkout.html

rdilks interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Feb 6 12:57:06 2002

Hi Guys

Thanks everyone for the advice and response on this pulldown problem.
I have completely re-written and simplified the country.txt file and
the shipping.asc file.
The pulldown on the checkout page is now populated with the first
shipping rate [ the default ], cracked it I thought, but NO! when I
change the country pulldown to another country the page refreshes but
the country pulldown goes straight back to the first entry in the list
and the shipping pulldown still stays on the default shipping cost and
does not seem to recognise the shipping type specified for the country
in country.txt.
Here are a couple of snippets:

country.txt

UK	3	United-Kingdom	UK	UKG	United Kingdom
	17.5
GB	9	United-Kingdom	GB	UKG	Great Britain	GBR
	826	17.5
US	0	International	US	INT	United States	USA
	840	0
CH	3	Europe-EC	CH	EUR	Switzerland	CHE
	756	0

shipping.asc

GBR	UK Shipping rate	quantity	0	1	1
GBR	UK Shipping rate	quantity	1	10	1
GBR	UK Shipping rate	quantity	10	9999	10

EUR	Euro Shipping	weight	0	1	1
EUR	Euro Shipping	weight	1	2	5
EUR	Euro Shipping	weight	2	3	10
EUR	Euro Shipping	weight	3	4	15

The entries in country.txt and shipping.asc match perfectly and the
error log does not show anything wrong.  I know this changes the
flavour of the problem but have any of you guys got any further
thoughts on this one because it seems as though the problem lies within
the checkout.html page but I feel sure it doesnt.

The Plot thickens !!

Russ