[ic] Verisign PFPRO Transactions Getting Dropped

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Feb 7 14:09:00 2002

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-
> users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Fred Pope
>
> IC 4.8.3 MYSQL RH 7.1

What version of Perl?  What Kernel?  Is the machine multi processor?
Running in low traffic, high traffic, or PreFork mode?  Do you see
problems with PGP or Sendmail not being able to do their job randomly?

> We are having some problems with Verisign PayFlowPro dropping the
> occasional order.
>
> Three times now....we have placed the order to the Verisign service,
and
> the problem is this....
>
> The order gets sent to Verisign, and the authorization goes
> through....but the response from Verisign does not make it back. The
> system is on a fairly heavily populated server and I am wondering IF
> when the server gets pegged, this could happen?

Can you enable debugging, edit the #
(IC_ROOT/lib/Vend/Payment/Signio.pm) out of the front of these two
logDebug statements:

#::logDebug(qq{signio decline=$decline result: $result});
#::logDebug(qq{signio decline=$decline result: } . ::uneval(\%result));

, restart IC and post the debug lines when this happens?

> When we got to the verisign manager, we see the order and the
> charge...but the interchagne server has no record of it?
>
> Has any one ever experienced this problem? I have had very little
> problems with the Verisign service running on our system, but we are
> also on a lightly loaded DS-3 and the server is so overkilled with
power
> it is like be like trying to use a jackhammer to kill a fly.

We ran into something similar and another user on the list has seen
this.  In our case we saw the following:

Multiple charges with no order going through in IC
Multiple charges with the order going through in IC
1 charge, no order
1 charge, 1 order (what we expect)

> Any ideas out there from the brain trust? Any suggestions on debugging
> tactics?

Post those results so we can get at least the result code and maybe
figure out what's going on.  We unfortunately did not come up with a fix
and had to go back to IC 4.6.3 so that the site could continue to
process orders.  We are very interested in seeing what causes this
because we will be launching a 4.8.3 site in the very near future.

Good luck,
-Ron